Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Love is in the Air - FEBRUARY Sketches!!!

Call me crazy but I had a ton of ideas this month. I had lots of requests for multi-photo sketches. I also think Valentine's Day inspired me with some "heart" style sketches. Have fun...and check back for some layout inspiration!! I can't wait to see what you create!!

If you would like to see your work published on this site, create a layout and send it to me!! I'll be picking a few layouts for each sketch. Thanks!!



One Page Sketch #1
This one page sketch was inspired by all of the scraps that are left over after many projects. So, get out those scraps and have fun. You can also journal on the strips. You can add any kind of stitching (machine, pen, or even rubons).

One Page Sketch #2
This one page sketch was inspired by the new Bazzill Heart Shaped Cardstock. I thought it would be cool with a large photo or several small ones "coll aged" together. Again, you can use up your paper scraps and have fun with some stitching on pen work. There is also a place for some journaling strips.

One Page Sketch #3
This one page sketch popped into my head when I saw that a lot of people were asking for layouts with 4x6 photos. I take a lot of pictures in the landscape mode and something in the vertical. There is room for a good sized title, journaling and use of your favorite patterned paper. (**This patterned paper is from a 2peas Digital Kit by Anne Langpap...one of my favorites!)

One Page Sketch #4
Another two page layout with multiple photos. This layout has one large focal point photo and several smaller accent photos. There is room for journaling, a large title and your favorite stitching, rubons or pen work. (**This patterned paper is from a 2peas Digital Kit by Anne Langpap...one of my favorites!)


Two Page Sketch #1
This two page sketch highlights a favorite photo with supporting photos as accents. There is a lot of white space which adds elegance. A large title balances the large focal point photo.



Two Page Sketch #2
There is a RAK involved with this sketch. If you can tell me what this looks like, you will win a prize. And YES...that is what inspired me to create this sketch. There is room for two large photos, a title with journaling, and even a sub-title if you wish.


Card Sketch #1
It's time to start thinking of Valentine's Day! Here is a quick card for you to make. (Of course you can use any theme and letters). So grab those stamps, rubons, or stickers (use up those extra X's and Q's (cut off the tail)). You can print a love quote on your printer or use Valentine Ribbon or Twill.


Card Sketch #2
I'm still on that Valentine Theme as you can see. I thought of the collection of heart-shaped embellishments, stamps and die cuts that I have. I think they would be cute with glitter, diamond glaze, as ghost shapes, die cuts, painted, and distressed. The sky is the limit.





7 comments:

Trish said...

LOVE them all!!!! Another Amazing job!!!

Anonymous said...

so freaking good - gonna try to use them all this month when I go to my scrapbook retreat getaway!
MichelleS

Kristin said...

These are great!!

I must say the one sketch looks like a bandaid! I have plenty of pictures to use with that idea!!

Rachael said...

LOL! I must of missed the part where we were supposed to guess on what inspired you! Was too busy looking at the sketches I guess! Hmmm...I have to say my first guess would of been a band-aid but since you say that isn't it. I'm going to say the superbowl? Kind of looks like a standium from a bird's eye view! LOL! Either that I'm just thinking about the superbowl since it's this weekend and trying to figure out what goodies I want to make while we veg out and watch! It's all about the food you know (especially when your pregnant! LOL)

A Million Memories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

love your sketches!!! can't wait to use them--already used one!!!

Anonymous said...

very fun, creative sketches, love the bandaid one!!